For a change
The best weekend I have in ages ^o^
A couple of friends came over to our place and stayed for the weekend. Well, the weekend started with the Nihongo exam which lasted the whole morning. It wasn't much of an exam really, in the real sense. Since I had no idea what to answer 99.9 percent of it, I just let my pen wander over the answer sheet and crossed out whichever it felt like crossing out. Well, it's my first time to take Level 2, so I pressume I still have the license to suck at it. I'd say, better luck next time. It was also raining and cold. All of my sweaters were in the suitcase, which was burried in the closet so I had no choice but to go in a T-shirt. And because we were running late, I didn't have time to put on socks so I went out wearing an open toed sandals so my feet were damp when we got to the exam place. But aside from those slight detriments, everything was great!
We went right away to gathering stuffs we needed for the one and a half day left of the weekend. Got some food for lunch, groceries, cleaning. Couldn't do laundry because of the rain :(
My roommate cooked superb dishes and the rest of us washed, peeled, sliced, chopped, threw a lot of banters >:) at each other, etc. It felt like being a Girl Scout in the camp again.
Two of our Japanese friends came at night for dinner. The food was really great and above all, there were guacamole and chips! I interviewed my Japanese friend about the recipe, I swear I'll learn to do and master this stuff, even if it means I have to eat a lot of chips in the process. That's when I realized something, I always get out of breath lately - due to lack of exercise and bulging tummy. I did a mental assessment of my rice and desert intake in the past month. Well..that explains it. Er..I think I have to cut back a little...
Two movies later, we walked our friends to the train station and we borrowed other dvds from the movie shop. I held on until 3 in the morning.
It was raining again on Sunday morning. I gobbled lots of chips and leftover fruit salad. I vow to start doing crunches on the next day.
As usual, we were late for mass. Oh God, aside from learning to cook and finding a boyfriend,
After the mass, the five of us just went about the city. At Baskin n Robins, we had double scoops and we all got one scoop of Shrek Chocolate mint. The chocolate chips were actually the shapes of the Shrek characters. Since they were buried in the ice cream, we had to pluck them out with a spoon from the ice cream one chip at a time, put it into our mouth to lick off the ice cream, put it back to the spoon to compare to others' chips. I got Shreks, Princess Fionas, and a broken Donkey. The others got Dragons, intact Donkeys, and even Lord Farquads hehe. I wondered if there's Puss-in-boots somewhere...
After a quick visit to Sanrio store, we trooped to Tokyu Hands, where some ingenius items could be found. I wasn't planning to buy something but when we we got out of the store I had a 'blinker' (the cool, soft thingy you put on top of your eyes when you sleep)
We dropped by the bookstore before going home. Bought a Take-out roasted chicken and some sort of dark meatballs for dinner. The meatballs were not actually balls, they were 3 inches long and compact when fried. It tasted good, but it didn't look that good, though. Made us think of something gross hehehe.
All in all, I had so much fun for the past two days. I never laughed that much for the past few months. It's all I need right now, my close friends and hearty laughters. =)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home