Friday, October 01, 2004

SSDD

Same shit, different day.

This is a kind of day which I am really familiar. Too familiar than I wish. For today, writing a blog is my idea of intermission to keep me from zoning out. The effect of caffeine in a cup of coffee only lasts a few seconds.

The common denominator of these so-called 'SSDDs' is my manager committing to something with unreasonable schedule. It wouldn't be a problem for me if he is the one who'll do the work. But it's technically my job, so he wouldn't volunteer to do the extra work, would he? He could at least inform me before giving his word to the other team. But why would he do that, he's the manager, right? Then someone's going to a have a weeklong vacation next week, and I'll cover for her work while she's gone. Then another person is also having a week off next week so I'll have to finish a lot of things by this week before he leaves. If I'm the one going for a vacation, I don't leave them extra work, do I?

I berate myself everytime I feel bitchy because of work. I am supposed to be used to all these pressures. I am, I wish I could be numb to it as well. I wish I could just shrug off my manager's periodic unreasonable demands with a raise of an eyebrow, but all I feel is my patience getting shorter and shorter. I flare up with just about anything. Darn...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™