Saturday, October 02, 2004

Angels and Demons

I just finished reading Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. I have also read his Davinci Code a few months back. There are similarities on the characters and plot of the two novels, but its not a big thing for me really. The research the writer has done was fantastic. I find A&D more interesting because of the arguments about 'The Debate' - science vs. religion. But I think his treatment of religion (particularly Catholicism) is too academic. Just the institutionalized system aspect of it, having a set of beliefs, practices, ideals and yes, 'skeletons in the closet'. There's so much more about faith and religion than what is reckoned in the novels. But I don't expect him to get it quite exactly because I don't think he is a believer himself (I could be wrong, of course).
You have to have faith to fully grasp it. And when you do, you won't have enough words to describe it. Faith's ought to be lived; if you rationalize it too much you'll probably end up losing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Read my VisualDNA Get your own VisualDNA™